Martin Grigorov-4 wrote

> If I understand you correctly then all you need is just
> timerBehavior.stop(). You don't need the restart functionality.
> You can also remove the behavior from the component and add new
> behavior instance later if you need it.
>
> Btw WICKET-1525 is implemented in Wicket 6.0

Then I did not explained me right :-). I have a form that invokes a lengthy
process as a background thread when it is submitted. The form can be
submitted many times. So I want the timer to start working when the form is
submitted (and the thread is launched), and  to stop working when the thread
finishes. Using the resettable timer I get the previously mentioned error.
I have now tried to add and remove the timer behavior as you said, but did
not work, probably because my knowledge of Wicket is limited and I am doing
something wrong. I have invoked textarea.add(timer) within the form's
onSubmit(), and added textarea to the ajax's target. I also invoke
textarea.remove(timer) within the timer's onTimer() method. Nothing happens
(i.e. the Timer is not started).

Cheers,
Humberto