Thanks Jeremy!

Since I needed something up & running quickly I have implemented the "flush cache" operation through a page with pre-shared key auth for now.

Op 4-2-2012 15:04, schreef Jeremy Thomerson:
I agree a messaging queue is a nice scalable system.  But I also think
pragmatic approaches are best.  You don't have "messages" that need to be
sent right now (data sent between disparate apps).  You have a single
command that needs to be invoked.  That happens to be what HTTP is *really*
good at.  And, you're already writing a web app.  That said, I'd choose
Serban's recommendation.  Create a Wicket bookmarkable page that takes a
pre-shared key or some other method of authentication and call that from
the app.  If it's just an encrypted URL param that gives authorization you
don't even need to call it from the other app - just give the user a link
to click that goes straight to the "flush cache" page on the frontend.
  Open that in a new window, have your page print out "all your strings are
belong to us" and you're done :)