So I was just looking at what I sent along and it seems that
putIfAbsent(modifiable, new HashSet<IChangeListener>()) should return
the value component, which should be the new HashSet<IChangeListener>.
Even if the key modifiable already exists, it should return the
previously created HashSet<IChangeListener>.

I'm confused that listener is coming back null.

Daniel

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 9:21 AM, Daniel Watrous <daniel.watr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That helped. I'm getting really close.
>
> I'm now getting a null pointer exception in this function
>
>        public boolean add(IModifiable modifiable, IChangeListener listener) {
>                // TODO Auto-generated method stub
>                checkResources();
>                Set<IChangeListener> listeners =
> listenersMap.putIfAbsent(modifiable,
>                                new HashSet<IChangeListener>());
>                return listeners.add(listener);
>        }
>
> listeners is null.
>
> I noticed that start(Duration pollFrequency) in GaeModificationWatcher
> was never getting called, so I updated my WicketApplication to set it
> like this:
>
>                IModificationWatcher watcher = new GaeModificationWatcher();
>                watcher.start(Duration.ONE_SECOND);
>                getResourceSettings().setResourceWatcher(watcher);
>
> But that didn't help my problem. I'm still trying to follow
> http://agilewombat.blogspot.com/2010/01/wicket-on-google-app-engine.html
>
> Any pointers?
>
> Thanks,
> Daniel
>
> On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 8:42 AM, Martin Grigorov <mgrigo...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Try with java.util.Map.Entry
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 5:39 PM, Daniel Watrous <daniel.watr...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> I've now created a class MyRequestCycleListener extends
>>> AbstractRequestCycleListener.
>>>
>>> I'm having a little trouble building  class GaeModificationWatcher
>>> implements IModificationWatcher. I've tried following this example:
>>> http://agilewombat.blogspot.com/2010/01/wicket-on-google-app-engine.html
>>>
>>> to create the public void checkResources() function, but I'm not sure
>>> what Entry class to import. I have tried importing these two Entry
>>> classes:
>>> org.apache.wicket.util.collections.IntHashMap.Entry
>>> import