Martin Makundi wrote

> The problem is that the SERIALIZATION takes time. So it does not help to
> ZIP AFTER serialization...

Well, if you really only have one page in your session, and that page's
serialisation is killing you, then you're right. But if you have multiple
page versions, and other pages in your session, and your session is maybe
even 50mb, then the zipping might help: not for this particular page, but
for all the *others* that also have to get read and restored.

Also, have you considered trying other serialisers? I'm not an expert on
that topic, but I overheard other developers that there are faster
libraries. They have tradeoffs, but maybe one of them works for you.

Cheers,
Per