We have the following simple setup:

BasePage checks if user is logged in, if not (and this is not the LoginPage), RestartResponseException(LoginPage.class);

LoginPage extends BasePage; contains a form to login;

The application runs in the root context.

Now on 1.5.0 this works like a charm;
After upgrading to 1.5.5 we get infinite redirects; testing versions in between, we've found that the problem occurs >= 1.5.1;

Here's what debugging shows:

1) When we hit the root url (homepage), it redirects to /login

2) When the LoginPage (mounted at /login) is hit, WebPageRenderer:266 redirects from /login to /login?0 3) When /login?0 is hit, WebPageRenderer:214 redirects from /login?0 to /login
and this loops back to (2)

I've also learned that this does not occur if we do not run the app in the root context, so it appears to have to do with url handling.

Looking at the wicket 1.5.1 changelog I don't see anything that was changed to break this.
Before doing more debugging, does anyone have a clue what might cause this?

Kind regards,

Sebastian