I have made changes in the code to set all the parameters in the Session. Now
the URL looks clean.

http://xxxx/pageB?5

But in pageB's constructor after reading values from session I am not
clearing it as we need those values in the session. When the page expiration
happens, when wicket tries to reload the page from mounted pages, then the
values stored in the session will be helpful. Please correct me if I am
wrong.

Another question related to these page expirations. I am also seeing lot of
org.apache.wicket.request.mapper.StalePageException in
production(distributed environment). What is the real cause of this? I am
not seeing much of information from stack trace. Is this happening because
we use lot of stateless pages? or Is this happening because we didn't
version pages (prior to the start of this thread)? Please note I haven't
moved the changes in this thread to production.

Exception Stack Trace : org.apache.wicket.request.mapper.StalePageException
        at
org.apache.wicket.request.handler.PageProvider.getStoredPage(PageProvider.java:302)
        at
org.apache.wicket.request.handler.PageProvider.resolvePageInstance(PageProvider.java:257)
        at
org.apache.wicket.request.handler.PageProvider.getPageInstance(PageProvider.java:165)
        at
org.apache.wicket.request.handler.ListenerInterfaceRequestHandler.getPage(ListenerInterfaceRequestHandler.java:100)
        at
org.apache.wicket.request.handler.ListenerInterfaceRequestHandler.respond(ListenerInterfaceRequestHandler.java:165)
        at
org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle$HandlerExecutor.respond(RequestCycle.java:750)
        at
org.apache.wicket.request.RequestHandlerStack.execute(RequestHandlerStack.java:64)
        at
org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle.execute(RequestCycle.java:252)
        at
org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle.processRequest(RequestCycle.java:209)
        at
org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle.processRequestAndDetach(RequestCycle.java:280)
        at
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.processRequest(WicketFilter.java:162)
        at
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doFilter(WicketFilter.java:218)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
        at
        at
        at
        at
de.javakaffee.web.msm.SessionTrackerValve.invoke(SessionTrackerValve.java:147)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:615)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:859)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:602)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Thanks,
Suresh