On 04/14/2012 03:03 PM, Christoph Leiter wrote:
Here's a good article about EntityModel, which does what you want:

http://wicketinaction.com/2008/09/building-a-smart-entitymodel/

Sorry for jumping in but wanted to make sure I get this right. In the example given above, does it make sense to conditionally set the entity to null within detach() based on whether the object has been persisted (i.e. id != null in my case) or not?

My intention is to serialize the model object when that not yet persisted to handle multistep "create" forms etc., making this a generic model implementation for al my CRUD operations.

Manos