I saw that the resolution for this
bug(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-4496) is "Not a problem"
using getDefaultModelObject().

But it remains a question. If I have a DatetimeField and I want an
AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior so that if I click the button, or if I
change the hours or minutes field, to see the model of my current date, I
was done like this in wicket 1.4 (and in wicket 1.5 date is null):

private Date date;

final DateTimeField txtDate = new DateTimeField("txtDate", new
PropertyModel(this, "date")) {
                        @Override
                        protected DateTextField
newDateTextField(java.lang.String id,
PropertyModel dateFieldModel) {
                                final DateTextField f =
super.newDateTextField(id, dateFieldModel);
                                f.add(new
AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior("onchange") {
                                        @Override
                                        protected void
onUpdate(AjaxRequestTarget target) {
                                                System.out.println("*** date="
+ f.getDefaultModelObject());
                                        }
                                });
                                return f;
                        }
                };
                final Component HOUR = txtDate.get("hours");
                HOUR.add(new AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior("onchange") {
                        @Override
                        protected void onUpdate(AjaxRequestTarget target) {

                                System.out.println("*** hours=" +
HOUR.getDefaultModelObject()); // ok
as sugested
                                System.out.println("*** date=" + date);  //
null in wicket 1.5
                        }
                });
                final Component MINUTES = txtDate.get("minutes");
                MINUTES.add(new AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior("onchange") {
                        @Override
                        protected void onUpdate(AjaxRequestTarget target) {
                                System.out.println("*** minutes=" +
MINUTES.getDefaultModelObject()); //
ok as sugested
                                System.out.println("*** date=" + date);  //
null in wicket 1.5
                        }
                });
                add(txtDate);

Using getDefaultModelObject() I can get hours and minutes field. But how to
get the entire date? Do you have any sugestions?