Hi,

You can simulate this by using the fragment part of the url, a.k.a. the hash.
For example the url may look like: path/to/page#tab2
Then the page will be loaded with tab1 selected but a onDomReady
script can click on tab2 if it is not the currently selected and an
Ajax call will do the switch.
This is how sites like Twitter, GMail, Facebook,... work but they do
some more work to not show you the page with tab1 for better user
experience.

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 9:21 PM, kevjay <kev...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply Martin.  Basically, my use case is to provide a "pretty"
> URL that will have the non-default tab already selected.  The desired tab is
> selected if I provide a URL like
> http://localhost:8888/?1-1.ILinkListener-tabs-tabs~container-tabs-2-link,
> but I was hoping to be able to control what these URLs looked like.

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com