I have followed what I think is necessary to get a wicket portlet in liferay.
However, I have not been able to add the portlet to a page.

I am by no means a liferay expert so I may be missing something.

Note: liferay 6.1

This is what I have done so far.  Can someone point out what I have done
wrong?
- installed liferay / tomcat
- created a simple wicket (v1.5.7) webapp via the quick start
- created portlet.xml and modified web.xml per
http://www.paykin.info/java/wicket_liferay_portlets/
http://www.paykin.info/java/wicket_liferay_portlets/
- mvn package
- copied war to <LH>/deploy

Go to the Liferay Control Panel -> Update Manager indicates that the portlet
is there

But how do I add it to a page?  I can't seem to find the portlet anywhere.

What have I done wrong?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Doug