Can you please elaborate on the use of TransparentWebMarkupContainer in 1.5 for
use with Panel inheritance? I have a page with tabbed panels, each of which has
its own left nav. Each panel subclass thus inherits from the base class /
markup where the corresponding left nav is defined. When I attempt this using
panels I receive an error indicating the <wicket:panel> tag is not present,
presumably because it's not expected within the <wicket:extend> tag(?). I've
switched my base class to inherit from TransparentWebMarkupContainer instead of
Panel but now "[Panel]" is displayed on the page with no indication my content
panel markup is being read. Obviously I would prefer not to duplicate the left
nav code across all components in a given panel. Below is my markup using the
TransparentWMC approach.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Brad

<!-- Base Class Panel -->
xmlns:wicket="http://wicket.apache.org/dtds.data/wicket-xhtml1.4-strict.dtd";>
        .
        .
        .
        <wicket:child/>

<!-- Subclass Panel -->
<wicket:extend xmlns:wicket="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";>
<h2>Welcome to the Main Content Panel!</h2>
        .
        .
        .
</wicket:extend>

<!-- Abstract Tab Definition -->
final AbstractTab inboundShipmentTab = new AbstractTab(new Model<>("Inbound
Shipments")) {
    @Override
    public TransparentWebMarkupContainer getPanel(final String panelId) {
        return new SubclassPanel(panelId);
    }
};