Hi,

TransparentWebMarkupContainer is a container which can be used when
you don't want its children to know about it.
For example you can use it to manipulate the attributes of <html> or
do "add(someOtherComponent)" instead of
"bodyComponent.add(someOtherComponent)".

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 8:52 PM, brad steiner
<bstei...@thehungersite.com> wrote:
> Can you please elaborate on the use of TransparentWebMarkupContainer in 1.5
> for use with Panel inheritance? I have a page with tabbed panels, each of
> which has its own left nav. Each panel subclass thus inherits from the base
> class / markup where the corresponding left nav is defined. When I attempt
> this using panels I receive an error indicating the <wicket:panel> tag is not
> present, presumably because it's not expected within the <wicket:extend>
> tag(?). I've switched my base class to inherit from
> TransparentWebMarkupContainer instead of Panel but now "[Panel]" is displayed
> on the page with no indication my content panel markup is being read.
> Obviously I would prefer not to duplicate the left nav code across all
> components in a given panel. Below is my markup using the TransparentWMC
> approach.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
> Brad
>
> <!-- Base Class Panel -->
> xmlns:wicket="http://wicket.apache.org/dtds.data/wicket-xhtml1.4-strict.dtd";>
>         .
>         .
>         .
>         <wicket:child/>
>

> <!-- Subclass Panel -->
> <wicket:extend xmlns:wicket="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";>
> <h2>Welcome to the Main Content Panel!</h2>
>         .
>         .
>         .
> </wicket:extend>
>
> <!-- Abstract Tab Definition -->
> final AbstractTab inboundShipmentTab = new AbstractTab(new Model<>("Inbound
> Shipments")) {
>     @Override
>     public TransparentWebMarkupContainer getPanel(final String panelId) {
>         return new SubclassPanel(panelId);
>     }
> };

Martin Grigorov