We have been used Wicket for developing our web applications so far and
currently we are trying to tackle one issue where an optional language
parameters comes in the url for all applications. We are trying to see how can
we customize our applications to have a common page mapper or common processor
which interprets the request first to identify if there is any language
parameter that is being passed and if not just resolve the page usually however
wicket does it.

Let me detail it further with an example. For example, if we have two web
application say FirstApp and SecondApp that are running in our environment
associated to their own contexts.

Now for FirstApp, lets say we have following mountPage option in that
particular webapplication:
mountPage("/firstpage/${someinput}", FirstPage.class);

And for SecondApp, lets say we have following mountPage option in that
particular webapplication:
mountPage("/secondpage/${someinput}", SecondPage.class);

Now say,
http://www.abcd.com/firstpage/xyz -> goes to First application and it resolves
to that FirstPage and does whatever it is supposed to do
http://www.abcd.com/secondpage/xyz -> goes to Second application and it
resolves to that SecondPage and does whatever it is supposed to do

Now if we have a optional language parameter in the request path, how can we
handle request mapping for that case without altering those applications mount
options.

http://www.abcd.com/fr/firstpage/xyz
http://www.abcd.com/es/firstpage/xyz

Now, I know that we can change mount options as follows and tackle that each
application will expect an optional language param.

mountPage("/#{language}/firstpage/${someinput}", FirstPage.class);
mountPage("/#{language}/secondpage/${someinput}", SecondPage.class);

But is it possible to handle it before even the request comes to WicketFilter?
If yes, can anyone share any thoughts or views on that. I am not looking to
edit all webapplications and all page paths to edit and add that optional
language param, instead if I can handle the request url before even
wicketFilter tries to resolve that page.. it would help. Also, I am stressing
if that can be a common level because we might have multiple applications
coming up and we want to tackle that issue in a common place..

Any pointers will be of great help.. Appreciate you help in advance.

Thanks
Rama