Hallo Sven,
I doubt it. I don't wanna blame the HttpsMapper as the mapping is done in
the usual way as RootRequestMapper:

Application#init()

There is no magic and there were no changes at all. Since we upgraded our
application from Wicket 1.5.5 to Wicket 1.5.8 and/or Wicket 6 (NOTE: we have
the same application on two branches with different Wicket verions) we have
this problem with wrong rendered secure Links.
As mentioned above, I've adapted your solution to pre-save the protocol and
the port and this solution works on my local developer machine running with
Tomcat on http://localhost:8080/ and https://localhost:8443/ respectively.
But if we deploy this application on another machine with Tomcat and an
Apache WebServer (connected to Tomcat via AJP connector) in front, we got
these wrong rendered links. The request Urls to the Apache WebServer look
like http://mydomain.com/ and https://mydomain.com/. Note: there are no
ports in the requests, needless to say that Tomcat listens on port 80 and
443.

I could figure out, that on the remote machine, the pre-served port value is
'null' and not '443' as it should be. Why?! On my local machine the
pre-served port is '8443'. If the pre-served port value is null, the method
resolvePort(url) returns '80' as resolved port value, which is WRONG!!!

The returned port value in this case is the second fallback (
request.getClientUrl().getPort() ).
Do you have any idea why 'null' is pre-served and not '443'?