Hi,

To avoid such problems in the future I suggest you to setup Apache
HTTPD in your development setup so it looks like your production one.

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 7:28 AM, Dirk Forchel <dirk.forc...@exedio.com> wrote:
> Hallo Sven,
> I doubt it. I don't wanna blame the HttpsMapper as the mapping is done in
> the usual way as RootRequestMapper:
>
> Application#init()
>

> There is no magic and there were no changes at all. Since we upgraded our
> application from Wicket 1.5.5 to Wicket 1.5.8 and/or Wicket 6 (NOTE: we have
> the same application on two branches with different Wicket verions) we have
> this problem with wrong rendered secure Links.
> As mentioned above, I've adapted your solution to pre-save the protocol and
> the port and this solution works on my local developer machine running with
> Tomcat on http://localhost:8080/ and https://localhost:8443/ respectively.
> But if we deploy this application on another machine with Tomcat and an
> Apache WebServer (connected to Tomcat via AJP connector) in front, we got
> these wrong rendered links. The request Urls to the Apache WebServer look
> like http://mydomain.com/ and https://mydomain.com/. Note: there are no
> ports in the requests, needless to say that Tomcat listens on port 80 and
> 443.

I guess you made mistake here. HTTPD is listening at ports 80/443 and
Tomcat at 8080/8443, right ?

> I could figure out, that on the remote machine, the pre-served port value is
> 'null' and not '443' as it should be. Why?! On my local machine the
> pre-served port is '8443'. If the pre-served port value is null, the method
> resolvePort(url) returns '80' as resolved port value, which is WRONG!!!

AJP has its own connector in Tomcat, by default listening on port 8009.
Most probably this is the reason why #getServerPort() returns the wrong value.

You can create a ticket with detailed description how to setup the
same environment as yours and I can take a look. Just provide your
Tomcat server.xml and AJP related conf for HTTPD. And a Wicket
quickstart, of course.

> The returned port value in this case is the second fallback (
> request.getClientUrl().getPort() ).
> Do you have any idea why 'null' is pre-served and not '443'?

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com