I have seen this exact same issue.

I first saw it after I reported the, possibly related, bug:

and then was verifying that it was fixed.

I only noticed the bug you describe after I built with a version of
Wicket that included the above fix. I'm not saying this fix caused the
bug but I never noticed the issue described below until this fix was
implemented.

Regards,
Chris