Hi all,

On Tue, 22 Jan 2013 19:08:35 +0100, Thies Edeling wrote:

> Wicket is open source, if you feel that the documentation is lacking - feel
> free to contribute.

don't mean to offend anyone, but things like those are the least helpful
kind of answers possible. We all know Wicket is open source, we all know
what open source means, an we all know that we aren't paying anyone.
It's just that if someone had the resources to pay anyone or
significantly contribute to the documentation himself (*after* having
learned everything he'd need, and after doing so *without* a complete
reference), he'd probably not complain in the first place. More probable
is that he's already got a job to do himself and is just looking for the
best tool to do so.

Of course, shouting abuse (not that I'd think anyone here did) at maybe
even unsalaried developers who are doing what they can doesn't help,
either.

To add my experience to the subject, I bought the 'Wicket in Action'
book some time ago, and for my first steps with Wicket 6 I tried to
extract what I could from it and the Net.

The problem is, just as Philippe said, much has changed between
versions, and it's not only that things I find sometimes don't apply
anymore, but, what's possibly worse, I can't even know whether code
examples I find still work until I tried them myself, as the changes
aren't really exhaustively documented and because, well, there is no
such thing as a Wicket 6 reference.

As far as I am concerned, I'll keep trying to get into Wicket 6, though
- but that's something I'll be doing in my spare time, because I
probably won't ever see Wicket used at my main job, and so I can take my
time.

Cheers,
Robert