I found several threads on the user list about converting a Component into
a String.  There are at least 2 very valid use cases where doing this makes
sense:

1.  You are trying to create an html email to send out to your customers.
 Building that content out with wicket is a great way to do it.  We are
able to harness Wicket's awesome i18n capabilities to generate the content.
 Otherwise, we resort to ResourceBundles or having to introduce some other
templating library.

2.  Many Javascript APIs/JQuery Plugins (i.e. growl notifications,
popovers, etc) want the html content passed in.  Again, ideally the
component is written in wicket.

The threads I've seen have asked for potential ways to do this, but I'm
wondering if this is a utility that should be included within Wicket
itself.  What do you think?

If you think this type of utility does not belong in the framework and
should be implemented by the users instead, can you provide a wicket 6 way
of accomplishing this?

Thanks.

--

IMPORTANT: This e-mail (including any attachments) is intended for the use
information that is classified, private, or confidential. If the reader of