Hi,
I recently needed to do this, I come with a simple solution (quickly
deprecated by our main application architecture however). I blogged about
it here
http://www.bloggure.info/work/java-work/use-wicket-templating-system-to-generate-html.html

I hope it will help you, I don't know if it works well with Wicket 6
(written for 1.5).

Regards,

__
Cedric Gatay