On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 11:33 AM, manuelbarzi <manuelba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Few people contacted me personally to ask how they can contribute to the
> > reference guide.
> > I've just added
> > http://martin-g.github.com/wicket-reference-guide/howtohelp.html that
> > explains the steps.
> >
> > Let me know if I can improve it. Or just me a patch ;-)
>
> is there the intention to deprecate the old wiki and/or reference
> guide [2] still being referred to by wicket site, and to replace all
> that outdated stuff with this new doc? it could result confusing to
> new incomers to follow it if it remains disgregated and spreaded on
> different web sources.
>
> [1] https://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/reference-library.html

I'm planning to move the useful information from the Wiki to the ref guide
and add big red warning at the top of the respective Wiki page with a link
to the guide.
Additionally the ref guide will _include_ (Sphinx will do this) code
samples/snippets from the other Wicket modules, mainly from Wicket
Examples. So the code will be always up-to-date with the respective Wicket
version.

The Wiki has a lot of information which I don't plan to remove. Confusing
or not for the users, I have no time to review it all and update it.