Ok, it's a little complicated to create the metadata

If I'm rigth, the process is - for example when click on an AjaxLink into the
page

1- Execute the method onClick of the AjaxLink
2- Send an event to all the components of the page (the page itself included,
on first place, but not other pages ?),
   - The source of the event is the page itself
   - The type of broadcast is BREADTH
   - The payload is the AjaxRequestTarget (from the onclick method call)

/******** EXAMPLE OF DATA ************/
public class MyEventData {

    static  MetaDataKey<MyEventData> METAKEY_MYEVENTDATA = new
MetaDataKey<MyEventData>(){};

    String s = "";

    public MyEventData(){}

    public MyEventData(String s) {
        this.s = s;
    }

    public MetaDataKey<MyEventData> getWicketMetadataData(){
        // A little complicated
        MetaDataKey<MyEventData> key = new MetaDataKey<MyEventData>(){};
        MetaDataEntry<MyEventData> metaDataEntry = new
MetaDataEntry<MyEventData>(key,this);
        MetaDataEntry<MyEventData>[] arrayMetaDataEntry =  new
MetaDataEntry[]{metaDataEntry};
        key.set(arrayMetaDataEntry,this);
        return key;
    }

    public void setIntoRequest(RequestCycle rc){
        rc.setMetaData(getWicketMetadataData(),this);
    }

    public static MyEventData getFromRequest(RequestCycle rc){
        return rc.getMetaData(METAKEY_MYEVENTDATA);