Here's the thing, Intellij is great, but it costs like five zillion dollars! (slight exaggeration). So I use Eclipse since its FREE! and it works great for me (even on a Mac). The nice thing about Wicket is that you don't need any special IDE plugins to use it. As long as your IDE knows how to do Java (I hope), HTML, CSS and JavaScript (which most have built in editors for out of the box). Then you're good.