I have a FencedFeedbackPanel inside a form but when I try to display a
message, the form closes and the message is displayed on the main page
instead of in my form. The form is in turn inside a modal window (see
hierarchy below). When I have invalid input, I want my form (and modal
window) to stay open and the error message displayed on that form so that
the user can correct it.

public class MyForm extends Form {
  public MyForm {
    FencedFeedbackPanel feedbackPanel = new FencedFeedbackPanel(
"myFeedbackPanel", this );
    feedbackPanel.setOutputMarkupId( true );
    add( feedbackPanel );

I am also using a FormValidator and am adding it to my field for validation.

public class MyForm extends Form {
  public MyForm {
   final TextField<Integer> myInput = new TextField<Integer>( "myInput", new
IModel<Integer>() {
   add( new MyFormValidator( myInput ) );

The code for MyFormValidator is similar to
http://blog.armstrongconsulting.com/?p=40, except that I'm using a
TextField<Integer> instead of a TextArea. Like the example, in my code I am
just saying error() in the validator and am expecting it to display inside
the form.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<wicket:panel xmlns:wicket="http://wicket.apache.org";>
    <form id="myForm" wicket:id="myForm">