Hey there, i'm currently trying to understand what is actually needed so
Wicket considers a page stateful. Could you provide me some basic
information on that?

Basically, I want the user to authorize for the application and if he's
not, he should be send back to the login page. In the case of session
timeout, I want to add an error message to the login page, explaining what
happened.

I thought of using a SimplePageAuthorizationStrategy for the authorization
part, and solve the session timeout topic by subclassing the LoginPage (as
SessionTimeoutReloginPage or something) and register that as the
PageExpiredErrorPage.
But somehow, I can't get that error page to show up.
The SimplePageAuthorizationStrategy always sends me straight back to the
LoginPage after session timeout.