See the Wicket Free Guid section on the properties files.
https://wicket-guide.googlecode.com/files/Wicket%20free%20guide.pdf#page92

Long story short, you can define the language pack at your application level
and overrite the default labels Wicket ships with.
Per say, i use your "ubber" properties file (master properties file) because of
our translatiomn firm ;)

Have a great day,
    Paul Bors