No replies... that must mean something... let's try rewording.

I need to build several forms with:

1. Several text fields each, bound to several String properties of a
single bean through a CompoundPropertyModel. This is a requirement unless
it renders all the rest impossible to implement.

2. One DropDownChoice each, bound to a field of the same bean, likely
through a PropertyModel, but this model type is not a requirement.

3. The DropDownChoice must update some of the text fields when the user
selects an item while keeping input in other text fields intact.

Is that possible at all with wicket? If yes, how?

I've already tried adding an AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior("onchange")
to the DropDownChoice and, meanwhile, updating the bean String properties
in the onSelectionChanged method, but doing so the text fields do not get
updated in the form (or the update is reverted so fast I can't see it
actually happened). The onSelectionChanged method is being called after
the onUpdate method.