Here is the flow of my app:

My Application class sets the home page to be MainPage:

>         public Class<? extends Page> getHomePage() {
>                 return MainPage.class;
>         }
>
>         @Override
>         protected Class<? extends WebPage> getSignInPageClass() {
>                 return HomePage.class;
>         }

So whenever I type the following URL

"http://<my server ip>/awol"

(
/awol is defined in apache httpd conf to be the location for my app:
<Location "/awol">
    ProxyPass ajp://localhost:8010/awol
    ProxyPassReverse ajp://localhost:8010/awol
</Location>
)

it goes to my MainPage which is specified as the application's home page.
And it is intercepted by the HomePage (which contains LoginForm).  The
intermittent problem for me is it appears the
continueToOriginalDestination() does not take me to MainPage after
authentication is successful.

Hope it clarifies.  Any ideas?

Thanks!