Hi guys,

On 4 March 2014 18:39, Entropy <blmulholl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What a great bunch of ideas.  I'll be implementing at least one of them.
> Thanks for all your ideas.  Does anyone have similar techniques for
> dropdowns?

​
I'll add my 0.02 BTC worth.

I use the panel approach, which contains an edit form field and display
label.
Mainly because I tend to display additional information.

e.g.
MoneyDisplayEditField shows not only the amount but also the currency
25.99[GBP]
StockQty shows the units of the stock.  50 [units]
PartNumber a link in display mode, a fancy ajax chooser in edit mode.
PaymentTerms, a drop down in edit, link in display
etc.

Hope that helps.

Peter​