Hi Ernesto,

Thank you for your quick response.  But I think I did not explain the
problem that I am trying to solve.   What is happening in my case is that
when I click the IndicatingAjaxButton to start the file download, the
activity indicator (that twirling round thing) appears.  But it then
disappears very quickly just when the code starts generating and downloading
the file.  All this while, without the activity indicator, the user does not
know if any thing is happening and so may click the button again and again.

The solutions that you have sent me the links to, are for problems relating
to the GUI not being responsive after the file has been downloaded.  I do
not have that problem.  I just don't want the user to click the button again
while the file is being downloaded.

Also, unfortunately other than Wicket and simple html, I do not know much
about other GUI tools including Javascript.  So I would appreciate very much
if you can provide me with a solution that I can easily use in wickets.

Again, thanks so much for your response.