Hi,

For some reason google mail always send your messages to my spam folder...
Answers inline

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 7:27 PM, msalman <mohammad_sal...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Ernesto,
>
> Well the change seems to work.  I am using a button that shows an activity
> indicator with a veil for the request.  So now that activity indicator and
> veil is shown while the file is generated.  But they go away when the file
> is downloaded and the user can start clicking the button again.  When the
> file download is completed the requests for previous clicks start again.

I do not follow you. My advise was:

1- Generate file in a different thread.
2- Add and AJAX timer that checks for file generation completion.
3- Once file generation is completed. Use same AJAX request to unblock the
UI and triigger download.

> BTW, I just realized that my code is actually based on your code on
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WICKET/AJAX+update+and+file+download+in+one+blow
>

> Thanks for putting it up.  Really helpful.

That was the idea of creating the page. By the way, many others contributed
to make this example better.

> May be you can update it so that it will take care of the problem that I
> have.  That is showing the activity indicator during the complete file
> generation and download.

There are many ways to do that in Wicket. Adding that to the page would
just bloat the solution maybe just creating a different example
illustration the approach mentioned above will be useful.