Hi,

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 11:52 AM, tomask79 <tomas.klou...@embedit.cz> wrote:

> Hi Martin again,
>
> false alarm, I apologize.

No worries!
The important thing is that it works !

> As you mentioned, I debugged the wicket-ajax-jquery.js's
> submitMultipartForm
> function and found out that wicket was ending at the bold line:
>
> *wicket-ajax-jquery.js:*
> .
> .
> if (form.onsubmit && !form.getAttribute(submittingAttribute)) {
>         form.setAttribute(submittingAttribute, submittingAttribute);
>         var retValue = true;
>         try {
>                 retValue = form.onsubmit();
>         } finally {
>                 form.removeAttribute(submittingAttribute);
>         }
>         if (!retValue) {
>                 *return; <= Here was wicket returning with form
> unsubmitted*

This particular piece of code is in use in 1.5.x as well.

>         }
> }
>
> All because my colleague* have rewritten the form's onsubmit attribute*
> with
> his code..:-)

I recommend you when you migrate to new version to not make improvements in
your code. Just mark them for later, when the upgrade is finished.
Otherwise it is hard to find whether the new version of the library is
broken or your changes broke it.

> Which disposed the code provided by wicket.
>
> Martin I apologize again, it's just that upgrade to 6.0 is a little
> exhausting, because you changed a lot of things..:)

Migrating to 7.x should be much easier! There are no big refactorings and
the migration guide
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WICKET/Migration+to+Wicket+7.0> is
very detailed.