Why should wicket not be able to "handle" this kind of urls?

YOu can simply create a "WikiPage" mount it like mountPage(WikiPage.class, "/wiki/${pagename}"); and you will receive that name as a page Parameter.
You then can
 a) load a Page if found (e.g in DB) under this name
 b) present the user with something like "Create page" if not found

Then add some Edit Links and a Textbox and your super-simple-wiki is done. For Markup you will find severla JavaProjects, eg. you can use Velocity or some kind of BB-Code or support simply a subset of HTML Tags or.... its all up to you ;-)