There is very little chance that the problem come from the serialization.

Do you use the Open Session in View pattern ? with some OpensessionInViewFilter
filter ?
I guess when the page is serialized, some requests are done against the
database
to load collections or initialize proxies that have been touched. (look at your
lazy entities relations)

If not you should use the famous LoadableDetachableModel
see http://ci.apache.org/projects/wicket/guide/7.x/guide/modelsforms.html

François