Hello Martin,
As I've written in my first post, we've noticed a general problem with all
Behavior classes added to Components where the parent component is a Border
component. We are using two nested Borders to create a consistent page
layout for our web application. The "content" components are added to the
2nd BorderBodyContainer. For all Behaviors added to these Components the
"renderHead" method is never called. At the end, all resource references and
all Javascript statements are not rendered anymore.
To simplify this, I've created a quickstart application with a component
hierarchy similiar to our approach (a "layout container", a Border class,
with another Border as layout inside). In addition to the HomePage I've
mounted two test pages with a simple Slider component, one (TestPage.class,
http://localhost:8080/test1.html) with the SlideshowPanel added to a
Border's BodyContainer (this works with Wicket 6 and Wicket 7) and another
page (TestPage2.class, http://localhost:8080/test2.html)) with the same
SlideshowPanel added to our "layout" solution. On this page, the
"renderHead" method of the NMSlideshowBehavior (which is the Behavior added
to the SlideshowPanel) is never called and therefore, the JavaScript library
(JavaScriptHeaderItem with a ResourceReference) and the JavaScript statement
(OnDomReadyHederItem for script) itself get not rendered. I have no idea
why, this works with Wicket 6 but NOT with Wicket 7.
I was able to figure out, that the
ChildFirstHeaderRenderStrategy#renderChildHeaders method never calls
component.internalRenderHead(headerContainer) and I'm wondering why!? This
might be due to some changes made under the hood of Wicket 7.