On Oct 15, 2016 3:05 AM, "fzb" <naz...@bzforce.com> wrote:

> From the posts so far this is what i understand..
>
> 1. JS based apps are best suited for high scale applications.. It is worth
> the effort you take to build and maintain such apps..

One of my former client runs the biggest mail provider in Europe.
There the application was serving 200 000 users at normal load and 500 000
at peak times.
It is not like Facebook but also it is not the average web application.

> 2. Wicket can scale only to certain extent based on the server capacity ?
If
> so how to quantify ?
> (What about load balancing ? What about stateless pages ? Why it does not
> scale ?)

See above.
It scales with the knowledge of the engineers.
It is not just Wicket when you need big scale application.
It goes from the OS configuration, to the selection of the databases, the
web server config and good application code.

> 3. JS based apps resource availability is plenty.. So for new projects
> better to go with these ?
>  - What if the maintaining these apps becomes tedious due the cons of
these
> JS discussed earlier.
>
> May be some more insights will help us all understand, how to choose what
> depending on the scenarios in hand.

First you need to answer yourself what kind of application you need. What
is its target audience. What developers you have. Wicket is just a tool in
the box.
If you want to be developer above the average then experiment with new
technologies. Only this way you will have an opinion. I can tell you
anything good or bad about any technology  (they all have their
shortcomings) but this should not be a reason to use it or drop it from the
options.
I personally try to use only technologies that *I* like, not because the
marketing team of some company said that their product is the best.

Good luck!