Hi,

I think it's actually a bug. Could you open an issue on JIRA?

Andrea.

PS: thank you for investigating the issue!

On 24/05/2017 18:45, Claudia Hirt wrote:
Sorry, I think my description was a little unspecific.

The problem appears with the following HTML-code:

</a>

with autolinking set to true.

This leads to the following exception:
org.apache.wicket.markup.MarkupException: Unable to find component with id 'top' in [WebMarkupContainer [Component id = _autolink_-335431082]]
    Expected: '_autolink_-335431082:top'.

WICKET-6289 doesn't really break it, there's nothing wrong with it. But the bugfix in this issue was to create an autocomponent which is a WebMarkupContainer. I think it was some kind of link before, which didn't cause any trouble. But is it really correct that AutoLinkResolver even tries to replace an anchor link?

I also created a quickstart project to reproduce the problem:
https://github.com/sunshineKE/test.autolinking

Best regards, Claudia