Oh strange, probably because I put the code in < raw > tags. Thanks for the
heads up.

*OK, here's the button code:*
 radioWmc1Step2.add(new AjaxButton("btnNewBegin") {
        @Override
        public void onSubmit(AjaxRequestTarget target, Form<?> form) {
                if (activeSessionExist()){
                        target.add(feedback);
                        log.debug("Does the form have error:" +
form.hasError());
                        return;
                }
                logUserAction(ocpAuthorization.getEmailAddress(), "602",
"CP10", "OCP",
ocpAuthorization.getSecretTrackingNumber());
                onPageSubmit(target);
        }

        @Override
        protected void onError(AjaxRequestTarget target, Form<?> form) {
                onSaveFormBtnError(target);
          target.add(radioWmc1Step2);
          target.appendJavaScript("trackingNumberMask();");
        };
}

*And the code where I add to feedback panel*
private boolean activeSessionExist(){
        OCPSession session = (OCPSession)WebSession.get();

        if(session.getTrackingId() != null){
                log.error("Active session found. Cannot have more than one OCP
tracking
number open at a time.");
                String error = "You have an active OCP Tracking Number open
already. "
                                + "This application only allows one active OCP
Tracking Number. "
                                + "Please use the \"Exit\" button to close that
Tracking Number before
starting a new " + getTypeCode();

                error(error);
                return true;