Hi all

I have a project in which I use Wicket as some rendering engine only,
without actual HTTP-requests of any kind. As has been advised here in
the past, this is done using ComponentRenderer and some custom mocks
for the serializer and session store. The latter are pretty much what
is used within ComponentRenderer as well already.

Additionally I started using WicketTester in that project to test
things and during running tests I get the following errors logged:

> 16:31:21 ERROR
> org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WebApplication.storeBufferedResponse:
> storeBufferedResponse needs a valid session id to store the
> response, but a null one was found. Please report the problem to dev
> team and try to reproduce it in a quickstart project.

Nevertheless, things succeed, because the logging code simply returns
and in that case it doesn't seem to make any difference:

>         public void storeBufferedResponse(String sessionId, Url url,
> BufferedWebResponse response)
>         {
>                 if (Strings.isEmpty(sessionId))
>                 {
>                         log.error("storeBufferedResponse needs a valid
> session id to store the response, but a null one was found. "
>                                         + "Please report the problem to dev
> team and try to reproduce it in a quickstart project.");
>                         return;
>                 }
>
>                 String key = sessionId + url.toString();
>                 storedResponses.put(key, response);
>         }

Shouldn't this be changed to at least a warning, if not removed
entirely?

Both of my cases seem to be valid use cases in the end. So logging an
error when things can't ever work this way in those use cases seems
overkill and unnecessary alarming to me.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail: thorsten.schoen...@am-soft.de