From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jerome Velociter
Sent: 20 November 2007 15:49
To: XWiki Users
Subject: Re: [xwiki-users] Hosted wiki - sending email

> Hi all,
>
> We've recently had a request for notifications on our hosted wiki;
> from the API documentation this should work (no errors are returned
> either when I call $xwiki.sendMessage).
> Problem is, I suspect either the message sending needs a specific
> configuration or sending is otherwise blocked (we use javamail on our
> own internal wiki, this is not possible it seems on hosted solution).
>
> How should this be configured for the hosted wiki farm?

Hello Brandon,

About the configuration i'm afraid I can't help much ; but I want to let you
know we've recently introduced the mailsender as a platform plugin, which has
much more capacities than xwiki.sendMessage (a really nice feature is to send
mails against a template object in a regular XWiki document, which mailbody or
subject fields can contains velocity that will be parsed on sending).

Jérome.