Hi Antonio,

On Dec 26, 2007, at 6:51 PM, Antonio Goncalves wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having a look at virtual wikis and I'm a bit confused with all
> the installation possibilities. In my understanding, XEM is an easy
> way to manage several XWiki instances on one server. Starting from a
> fresh install you would download the XEM.war file into your tomcat,
> import the XEM.xar file, and it should work. But what do you do when
> you already have an instance of xwiki running and you want to add
> the management capabilities ? Is it when the Wiki Manager plugin
> comes along ? Am I right in saying :
>
> * fresh install : XEM.war and XEM.xar
> * xwiki already installed (xwiki.war) : use the Wiki Manager plugin
> and forget about XEM (war and xar)

Yes, that's almost correct. We need these instructions on the
xwiki.org web site. To transform XE into a XEM install do the following:

* install the Application Manager plugin (JAR) + the Application
Manager application (XAR)
* install the Wiki Manager plugin (JAR) + the Wiki Manager application
(XAR)
* modify xwiki.cfg to set xwiki.virtual to 1