> You can extend/override the
 > com.xpn.xwiki.user.impl.xwiki.XWikiRightServiceImpl class and register
 > it in xwiki.cfg, so that you can add the upload right. Now, if you
 > extend XWikiRightsServiceImpl, you won't need to separate the
 > attachments from the targeted documents.

I have extended the com.xpn.xwiki.user.impl.xwiki.XWikiRightServiceImpl
class to support an 'attachment' level and used the
xwiki.authentication.rightsclass parameter in xwiki.cfg. That works,
thank you!

The only /ugly/ part remaining is my patched
com.xpn.xwiki.render.macro.ImageMacro. Is there another way to prevent
users from using external image urls?