j05ef wrote:

> Sergiu Dumitriu-2 wrote:
>> But you cannot prevent smart users from using images from other sources
>> than attachments, as they can enter HTML   tags.
> Yes I can and I want to. To achieve this, my skin only renders
> $doc.EscapedContent.

Ah, nice trick.

About the ImageMacro, I guess we could use a platform feature that
restricts using images only from some spaces. I imagine this in the
following way:

- there's a setting in xwiki.cfg, like
xwiki.render.image.allowedSpaces=Main,Uploads
- The Images macro reads this property and checks if the document is in
the right space
- There could be another configuration that lists not the allowed
spaces, but the disabled ones, which would be better in some cases, like
xwiki.render.image.disabledSpaces=XWiki,Private

I think you have the proper skills to implement this, and it would be
nice to share it with the community, so could you make a Jira issue for
this (jira.xwiki.org) and give a patch?

Thanks,
Sergiu