Thanks Jerome and Guillaume,

I followed Jerome's detailed instruction and did it. I just realize the
Admin tool bar still exists. And in IE 6 there is no small icon, and in IE 7
the bar doesn't slide in. And btw, I got a little confusion as I don't know
how to "save" after the green arrow is on. (it's ok now.)

just two quick questions:

   1. could the registration page be set to public in the same way? I
   don't see a "Register" or similar page on the list
   2. by default, /xwiki links to /xwiki/bin/login/XWiki/XWikiLogin , how
   could i make it direct to other page? like dashboard or wiki or blog page of
   the global space? I think i've checked all admin pages (but not yet scanned
   all doc)

>Hope you'll manage to achieve your objectives... We'll be glad to have a
reference from you added on
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/References/once you're done ;-)

Sure, I'll put up a beta site a few hours later. It may be a better to add
to the References page after my site is stabilized. So far I can't find a
better option than XWS for building a organization wiki + member publishing
and sharing site.

Regards,
mingfai