> Thanks Jerome and Guillaume,
>
> I followed Jerome's detailed instruction and did it. I just realize the
> Admin tool bar still exists. And in IE 6 there is no small icon, and in IE
> 7
> the bar doesn't slide in. And btw, I got a little confusion as I don't
> know
> how to "save" after the green arrow is on. (it's ok now.)
>
> just two quick questions:
>
>    1. could the registration page be set to public in the same way? I
>    don't see a "Register" or similar page on the list

Yes, you can check the "register" box for unregistered users, and a
register link will appear on the top right corner for non authenticated
users. The only issue is that XWS action bar does not provide a register
link yet. What you can do now is edit the content of your organization's
space home, and provide this link :
http://yourserver/xwiki/bin/register/XWiki/Register

>    2. by default, /xwiki links to /xwiki/bin/login/XWiki/XWikiLogin , how
>    could i make it direct to other page? like dashboard or wiki or blog
> page of
>    the global space? I think i've checked all admin pages (but not yet
> scanned
>    all doc)

You can edit Main.WebHome, and change the redirection for non
authenticated users ($context.user=="XWiki.XWikiGuest") to your
organization space WebHome.

Hope this helps. Regards,
Jerome.

PS: Thank you for the JIRA issues you raised ;)