From: [Ricardo Rodriguez] Your EPEC Network ICT Team <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: XWiki Users <users@xwiki.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 1, 2008 1:36:38 PM
Subject: Re: [xwiki-users] special rights

Hi Gabriela,

Gabriela Radu wrote:
> hello..
>  i don't think i get what you said about the rights on space..
> i was talking about sections from the page that can have different rights(to
> edit or not) then the page.
> this is what i am trying to make... and yep...i said trying. a bit lost. if
> you have some pointers they are more then welcomed :D
> i have to write something like macros? in .vm files?
> thank you

Sorry if I have not been able to explain myself. In fact, the problem is
that I am also a bit lost!

Let's try to start again (it will help me with this issue! It is
important for our group as well):

We are speaking about being able to create a "page" where "sections" can
have different assigned rights.

Look at this:

http://xepecnet..environmentalchange.net/xwiki/bin/view/Sandbox/NichitaStanescu

It seems a "page" including text, but it only includes five "calls" to
other "pages". Look at the code:

#includeTopic('Sandbox.Title')

#includeTopic('Sandbox.FirstParagraph')

#includeTopic('Sandbox.SecondParagraph')

#includeTopic('Sandbox.ThirdParagraph')

#includeTopic('Sandbox.FourthParagraph')

In this case I am using a page (a single XWiki entry in a single space,
in this case, Sandbox.NichitaStanescu) as a "document" metaphor and I
can assign rights to any of the pieces as you do with any other page. I
must not be difficult to add a button close to the starting point of
each paragraph that only appears if the logged user has edit rights on
each "section" and allow him/her to edit it.

Please, let me know if this makes sense for you! It will be help me to
decide if this makes sense for me! Then, we could go ahead completing
this solution.

XWiki is PLENTY of tools/features. The "only" point is to put it in the
correct order :-)

Cheers,

Ricardo

BTW: I think it is time to add XWiki to your CV ;-)

--
Ricardo Rodríguez
Your EPEC Network ICT Team