Hi!

Nohinder wrote:

>  hello again.
> i have tried to solve this paragraph rights for the last couple of days.
> didn't work :)))
> i made a var similar to $isAdvancedUser called $isMyUser and tried to give
> it or not access to parts of a page. then i tried to create a macro that i
> can add in my page where i want to protect the text. i was probably doing
> something very much wrong . and so i am starting again. i have read your
> idea more times to be sure i get it:)
> i am curious where did u put the #includeTopic('Sandbox.FirstParagraph')
> or more importantly where have u explained what does that mean. i see this
> as a method. i still don;t know if xwiki knows about methods.
> lost :)))

Sorry for being late with this. I've been a "bit" busy :-)

I am not sure I get your doubt. I'm using #includeTopic to "construct" a
document based on several other ones. Five in the case I am using as an
example. This allow me/you to delegate access control to the parts more than
to the whole doc.

Please, allo me to go back to the example:

http://xepecnet.environmentalchange.net/xwiki/bin/view/Sandbox/NichitaStanescu

It now has a [edit] link after each paragraph. I am sending you an account
for this wiki. Login and try to edit any of the four parts. You are allowed
to see all four but you can only edit the first one.

Of course the code is really poor! You could show/hide this "buttons" based
on users rights. And I am sure it is possible to tell XWiki to generate then
dynamically for each #includeTopic if you have edit rights on it. I am not
devoted much time to this. Just trying to create a kind of "proof of
concept" to see if this is what we need.

By the way, I think I've not found any attached file to your previous
message. Could you send it directly to me? Thanks!

Hope this helps,

Ricardo