Hi,

Sergiu Dumitriu wrote:
>> This almost works (in intelligent browsers):
>>
>> #xwikimaincontainer {
>>    width: 800px;
>>    margin: auto !important;
>> }
>>
>> To make it work in IE also, something like this should work (can't test
>> as I don't have IE):
>>
>> #body {
>>    text-align: center;
>> }
>>
>> The problem is that the background X is not suited for this kind of layout.

I am trying this solution and I am not able to get it working (perhaps
this is included in your "almost"!). I concentrate first in "intelligent
browsers", Firefox, OmniWeb and Safari included. I am adding...

#xwikimaincontainer {
   width: 800px;
   margin: auto !important;
}

to the Style.css included in a XWiki.XWikiSkins object (customized
skin). #xwikimaincontainer is added to the bottom of the record. Width
works like a charm. Any other margin option works without a glitch. But
auto doesn't produce the expected effect.

The only reason I can figure out is that this is not the only class
affecting position of #xwikimaincontainer and there is another class
prevailing that sets border to 0pt. In this case, my doubt is why does
other border settings work?

Here what I see in Firebug...

<head>...</head>

I interpret that only #xwikimaincontainer class must affect
xwikimaincontainer div position, but it is obviously wrong.

I do need to improve my CSS skills (among many other things...)! Any
help will be really welcome to work out this issue. Thanks.

Cheers,

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Rodríguez