As a lead to anyone wanting to look into this, by eliminating the import
statements in style-blue.css, the problems disappear. I did:

shell> cat style.css css/colors/blue.css >> style-blue-test.css

When selecting style-blue-test.css in the skin object, everything looks
fine. I guess this has something to do with how FF3 handles the css
imports..

Bjørnar.