Asiri, thanks for feedback!

soffice in /usr/share/ooo3 turned to be symbolic link to
/usr/lib/ooo3/soffice script, which in turn uses /usr/lib/ooo3/soffice.bin -
so after configuring, /usr/lib/ooo3 as server path, I was able to start it
from XWiki. Custom script I previously had for starting soffice goes to
history.

Regards,
Stevo.