Hi Maurius,

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 12:47 PM, Marius Dumitru Florea <
mariusdumitru.flo...@xwiki.com> wrote:

> Hi Jonas,
>
> Jonas Almfeldt wrote:
>
>> Hi Maurius and Guillaume,
>>
>> I'm sending this to you in order to not spam the mailing list. We can post
>> final results to the list if/when we have a solution.
>>

> AFAIK no one complained so far about the increasing number of mails on the
> users lists.

Ok, good :-)

>> The scenario you described in your email reproduces the error for me, each
>> time, when running hte xwiki instance in WebSphere Application Server 6.1
>> environment.
>>
>> I have now tested some more with the 1.8.1 stable version.
>>
>> I get different results when running the scenario you described in my
>> local test environment based on Tomcat 5.5 and when running it on the server
>> side (WAS).
>>
>> Configurations:
>>
>> Local setup
>> ==========
>> *Tomcat 5.5 + Oracle 9.2.1 locally on my Win XP pc.
>> * Oracle jdbc driver: ojdbc14.jar (for Oracle 10 G)
>> * downloaded
>> http://repository.jboss.com/maven2/net/jcip/jcip-annotations/1.0/jcip-annotations-1.0.jar
>> and saved as xwiki/WEB-INF/lib/jcip-annotations-1.0.jar  (this was a
>> missing dependancy when I deployed it in the hosted set up on WAS, and I
>> want the war files to be as similar as possible except for the db
>> configuration part and log paths, so I included this in the local set up
>> also, although not needed. It seems to be included in the JRE/SDK or in
>> Tomcat already)
>> * Database content (wiki content) imported from XAR file i created from a
>> complete export of the information in the wiki instance running in the
>> "hosted setup".
>> I'm not having the problem with this setup.
>>
>> Hosted setup
>> ==========
>> * WebSphere Application Server 6.1 + Remote Oracle 10 G.
>> * Oracle jdbc driver: ojdbc14.jar (for Oracle 10 G)
>> * downloaded
>> http://repository.jboss.com/maven2/net/jcip/jcip-annotations/1.0/jcip-annotations-1.0.jar
>> and saved as xwiki/WEB-INF/lib/jcip-annotations-1.0.jar  (this was a
>> missing dependancy when I deployed it in the hosted set up on WAS)
>> Question: Would it be possible that the proper jcip-annotations-1.0.jar
>> can be included in the official .war distribution of XWiki in the future,
>> since the jcip-annotations classes seem to be required for xwiki to work
>> (out of the box at least)?
>> * Database content was created with the previous xwiki 1.8 stable release.
>>
>> This setup induces the wysiwyg xwiki/2.0 parsing problem.
>>

> I don't think this problem is related to the application server or the
> database used, nor even to the imported XAR. It should be caused by the
> xwiki-rendering jars you have in your WEB-INF/lib directory or by the
> WYSIWYG velocity templates.

Where can I find those templates? in the .war file or in the database?

>> When running the scenario in the "hosted setup" the following happens:
>>
>> Create new document, wysiwyg editor opens by default, (syntax: xwiki/2.0
>> is selected but grayed out in the wiki syntax chooser):
>>
>> * typed "Heading 1"
>> * applied "Title 1" style
>> * pressed Enter twice (to go out of the heading)
>> * clicked the bold button
>> * typed "bold text"
>> * pressed Enter twice (to create a new paragraph)
>> * typed "bold text" again
>> * saved (everything was fine)
>> * edited again (everything was NOT fine)
>>
>> In the wysiwyg editor I get:
>>
>> ---------------8<-------------
>> = Heading 1 = **bold text** **bold text**
>> --------------->8---------------
>>

> This means the XWiki syntax is no converted to XHTML before loading the
> editor. Can you try a simpler example just to be sure? For instance to this:
>
> * edit a new/empty page
> * type a word like "bug"
> * select the word
> * click the bold button on the tool bar
> * save and edit again
>
> Do you get **bug** in the WYSIWYG editor? If so, then cancel the edit. The
> "bug" is in bold in view mode right? Then please append "xpage=wysiwyginput"
> to the query string of your URL and tell me the output. For instance:
>
> http://localhost:8080/xwiki/bin/view/Sandbox/Test?xpage=wysiwyginput
>
> I suspect the output is **bug** right?

Yes, the output is: **bug**\\

> Now if you append also "render" like in:
>
> http://localhost:8080/xwiki/bin/view/Sandbox/FF?xpage=wysiwyginput&render
>
> is the "bug" in bold?

No :-(  the output of ...?xpage=wysiwyginput&render is still: **bug**\\

Some additional details:
The WAS 6.1 jvm has java version 1.5.0 btw.
My local Tomcat runs with the JRE of jdk1.5.0_08.

I also forgot to mention to the list that this problem is not specific to
1.8.1. It happens when I test with 1.8 also. (same wiki db content used,
created with 1.8 stable and the 1.8 XAR archive as a base).